Depending on your health and fitness goals, bodyweight exercises can be just as effective as weighted workouts. Not only does it make working out easy to do from home, but it also provides you with a high-quality workout that will leave your biceps, triceps, and other arms muscles burning—in a good way! So, the next time you’re ready to get your “swole” on, try out these exercises at home! All you need to do is follow-through with each movement for 20 reps, then repeat each set three to four times, or until fatigued.
• Start in a high plank with your palms flat, hands shoulder-width apart, shoulders stacked directly above your wrists, legs extended behind you, and your core and glutes engaged.
• Tap your right hand to your left shoulder while engaging your core and glutes to keep your hips as still as possible.
• Do the same thing with your left hand to the right shoulder. Then, continue, alternating sides.
Triceps Box Dip
• Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat and your back against a box or step. Place your hands on the box, fingers toward your body.
• Straighten your arms to lift your butt, then bend your elbows to lower yourself without sitting down completely.
• Keep your heels on the floor and your elbows pointed directly behind your body and not flared out to the side to work the triceps effectively.
• Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart and arms at your sides.
• Bend at your waist and place your hands on the floor.
• Walk your hands forward to come into a high plank with your hands flat, wrists stacked under your shoulders, and your core, quads, and butt engaged. Pause for a second.
• Walk your hands back to your feet and stand to return to start.
No matter your lifestyle, Augusta Commons Apartments in Marietta, Georgia goes out of our way to provide our residents with a unique selection of in-home activities and information that better your physical and mental health.