Breakfast – you’ve heard time and again that it’s the most important meal of the day, which isn’t an exaggeration, if you think about with a scientific mindset. It helps your heart, bones, and digestive system to meet dietary guidelines. Plus, those, who tend to skip breakfast, reportedly have higher blood cholesterol levels than breakfast eaters. This increases your chance of heart disease! So, opt for a hearty meal of these Easy Breakfast Sandwiches, instead, and you’ll reap the benefits of a happy heart … and stomach.
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices cooked bacon, sausage patties, ham, or Canadian bacon
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a 9x13’’ pan.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, or just until the center is set. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove cooked eggs from oven and allow to cool before cutting into 12 squares.
- Top each English muffin half with egg, cheese, meat, and the other half of the muffin. If you are consuming right away, heat the sandwiches at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- To freeze the sandwiches, wrap each sandwich individually in tinfoil, wax paper, or parchment paper and place them in a freezer safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To reheat frozen sandwiches, remove paper or foil and wrap sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 40 seconds to 1 minute on defrost. Flip the sandwich over and microwave for 10-30 seconds on high power, until warmed through.
Augusta Commons Apartments in Marietta, Georgia