Master the art of baking by joining Augusta Commons Apartments in Marietta, Georgia in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.
Forget the popcorn – everyone loves soft pretzels! Found in shopping mall food courts, at carnivals and fairs, or at the movie theater’s concessions booth, soft pretzels make for the ultimate snack food. Chewy and salty, soft pretzels appeal to every age group. Perhaps, best of all, they taste completely delicious when dipped or smothered in butter, mustard, cheese, or another type of sauce. They’re also very simple to make from the comfort of your apartment home, as long as you have active dry yeast and flour on hand. Ready to try this recipe already? Check out the ingredients and directions below.
- 1 ½ cups water, warm
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- ⅔ cup baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Coarse salt
- In a bowl, mix water, salt, and sugar until combined. Add yeast and let rest 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
- Add flour and 2 tablespoons of oil and mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
- Remove the dough and use the remaining oil to cover the bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut dough into eight pieces and roll them out into thin ropes, twisting the two ends to form a pretzel shape.
- Add baking soda to a large pot of water and bring to a rolling boil. Boil each pretzel for 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!